CIS/Russian Desk Overview
SORAINEN, as a full service law firm in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Belarus, operates cross-border two major economic zones – the European Union and the Eurasian Economic Union. Taking advantage of our location, the Firm combines professional experience, the most advanced know-how and an ISO certified quality management system to ensure comprehensive advice and legal solutions with in-depth understanding of client business needs.
Today, with business hubs rapidly changing, the need arises for market niche specialisation. A focus on the CIS market and significant experience of advising on cross-border transactions with a constantly growing number of clients enables SORAINEN to launch its CIS/Russian Desk.
What is the SORAINEN CIS/Russian Desk?
A specialised regional team of lawyers focused on cross-border projects related to the CIS countries, including:
- projects originated from the CIS region, and
- assisting clients to enter CIS markets.
Why the SORAINEN CIS/Russian Desk?
After building up our integrated pan-Baltic offices in 1990s, we used this experience to achieve best service for international and local clients in Belarus. Now we want to help clients succeed in other CIS markets, using our regionally collected know-how about transition economies.
With strong expertise of lawyers in legal practice areas and sector groups as well as understanding of home and neighbouring markets, SORAINEN can deploy its knowledge of Eastern and Western legal environments for the benefit of clients.
The Firm’s unique location allows us to build a well sited bridge between the Eurasian Economic Union and the European Union.
The CIS/Russian Desk team consists of lawyers from all our offices with relevant academic backgrounds and sound experience of active and regular work on CIS↔European projects advising regional and international clients on M&A, Corporate, Banking & Finance, PPP, Investment Incentives, Private Equity, Construction, Infrastructure & Regulatory and other matters. With their knowledge of the markets and understanding of cultural peculiarities, they provide efficient support at all stages of a project.
What can we suggest to clients?
- Managing projects: business-oriented legal support and coordination of legal matters in multiple jurisdictions covering all areas of commercial law with particular focus on:
- Compliance Management
- Corporate structuring
- International tax consultancy
- Speaking the language of the client: our team experts are fluent speakers of Russian and English, helping to ensure smooth communication between client and attorney without involvement of intermediaries.
- Advising on Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) legal matters:
- Consultations on matters of EEU regulation
- Trade protection (antidumping, safeguards and subsidies)
- Representation in the EEU Court
- Customs law
- Helping to choose the appropriate legal or financial adviser for a project in the target country: with our strong worldwide network of cooperation partners, we can recommend a trustworthy adviser, taking into account the specific needs of the project and geography of the client.
- Organising business events: the SORAINEN CIS/Russian Desk team is interested in strengthening relationships with clients and would be glad to provide analytical materials and to invite partners and clients to SORAINEN organised seminars, conferences and business breakfasts.
The head of the SORAINEN CIS/Russian Desk is Kiryl Apanasevich, whose contacts appear below.
Local heads of the SORAINEN CIS/Russian Desk are: