Information Technology & Data Protection Overview
SORAINEN Information Technology & Data Protection Practice lawyers offer extensive experience in advising clients operating in information technology and electronic communications. With several lawyers in the firm’s Information Technology & Data Protection Practice trained in information and communication technology, they are always comfortable with the technical aspects of client activities. The SORAINEN Information Technology & Data Protection Practice is regularly involved in advising on launching novel services or technologies. This in turn guarantees that the firm’s lawyers are well aware of new technological and other developments in the field.
The firm is well positioned to provide competent legal assistance with a coordinated, focused, time- and cost-effective approach to servicing clients in pan-Baltic and Belarusian assignments. This substantially reduces the time, energy and resources needed to structure and administer these projects. The Information Technology & Data Protection Practice works in close cooperation with other SORAINEN practices such as Telecommunications, Competition, Trade & Distribution, Intellectual Property, Public Procurement and Dispute Resolution, and benefits from their know-how.
SORAINEN is recommended for its Information Technology & Data Protection Practice by international directories such as The Legal 500 (that notes “SORAINEN proves it is a leading player in this sector with an impressive client base”), Chambers Global and Chambers Europe.
SORAINEN offers expertise in all key information technology and data protection areas in the Baltic States and Belarus, including:
- software development, maintenance and distribution agreements;
- software and technology licensing;
- IT and electronic communications equipment purchase and lease agreements;
- e-commerce, m-commerce and business online;
- regulatory and competition issues;
- personal data protection;
- information society services and digital media;
- IT consultation and service arrangements;
- public procurement related to information and communication technologies;
- disputes related to information and communication technologies.
The head of the Information Technology & Data Protection Practice is Alexey Anischenko, whose contacts appear below.
Local heads of the SORAINEN Information Technology & Data Protection Practice are: