Communications, Media & Technology Overview
SORAINEN Communications, Media & Technology (CMT) Sector Group consists of a multi-disciplinary team of experienced lawyers and tax specialists who advise companies and investors across the CMT sector, including IT services, technology development, e-commerce, communications, the media, entertainment, as well as other technology-dependent areas.
With our sector focus and sector group approach we can offer an in-depth understanding of CMT businesses and sector focused know-how in the Baltics and Belarus, alongside comprehensive legal knowledge and experience.
Among our CMT clients appear such names as Accenture, Barclays Technology Centre (Lithuania), Ericsson, Google, Hewlett-Packard, HTC, Modern Times Group, Nordic Gaming, SAP, Skype, Tieto and other major local, regional and international companies.
SORAINEN CMT Sector Group is an integrated regional team of professionals from different legal and tax practice areas and provides full legal and tax support for sector needs. Some of the most typical services we provide for clients from CMT sector include:
- regulatory support (licences, permits, investigations);
- data protection & privacy;
- software protection, licensing, development and maintenance;
- commercial transactions (transfer of rights, service supply, distribution and agency, franchising);
- sales strategies, trade and marketing regulation, including advertising and PR matters;
- intellectual property (IP) protection and enforcement;
- local and EU competition law, including protection against unfair competition
- consumer protection;
- corporate and employment matters;
- investment, M&A, joint ventures, partnerships;
- project financing and insurance;
- public procurement;
- tax and customs, social security;
- ethics and compliance (anti-corruption/anti-bribery regulations);
- litigation and representation in courts/arbitration tribunals and before local authorities.