Energy & Utilities Overview
SORAINEN Energy & Utilities Sector Group combines an in-depth understanding of the energy and utilities businesses with legal expertise from different practice areas. Our team of experienced lawyers and tax specialists regularly advises international and local energy (oil, gas, electricity, heating, nuclear power) and utilities (waste, oil, biomass, water supply) companies as well as investors and developers in the Baltic States and Belarus in this complex regulated sector.
Our sector focus and integrated regional approach allows us to offer a strong sector awareness and efficient solutions tailored to our energy and utilities clients in the region. As a result, we are regularly involved in the major and most complex transactions, projects and disputes in the energy and utilities sector.
In addition to regulatory and other sector specific services, our Energy & Utilities Sector Group provides full-scope legal and tax support to sector clients, including advice on:
- energy project development (eg power plants construction, grid connections, storage facilities);
- environmental regulation (eg environmental impact assessment, negotiations with state and municipalities authorities, local communities);
- energy project financing (PPP and concessions);
- compliance and regulatory issues (licences, permits, specific regulations);
- management and operation of energy sector companies (corporate matters, employment issues);
- public procurement in the energy industry;
- tax and customs, social security;
- competition law (eg prohibited agreements, abuse of dominant position, unfair competition, cartel investigations);
- general compliance (anti-bribery, trade compliance, development of compliance programmes).