Food, Agriculture & Forestry Overview
SORAINEN Food, Agriculture & Forestry (FAF) Sector Group operates as an integrated regional team of experienced legal and tax experts with in-depth knowledge of different businesses (eg dairy, meat processing, bakery, agriculture, farming, forestry, operation of retail chains) in this sector. Our experts specialise in different areas and can provide tailored cross-practice support on all aspects of law and taxation, including regulatory, real estate, commercial, corporate, employment, tax and social security, financing, litigation, intellectual property matters and M&A transactions.
Our clients from the sector include such names as A. Le Coq, Bidvest Group (Nowaco), Coca-Cola, Carlsberg, Coopernic Alliance, Hesburger, Ingman Ice Cream, Mondelēz Group (Kraft Foods), Nordzucker, Palink, Unilever, Vaasan group (Hanzas Maiznīca and Vilniaus duona), Vievio paukštynas and many other.
Some of the most typical services we provide in this sector include:
- development of standard agreements with customers and suppliers;
- regulatory support (general compliance, licences, permits, investigations, disputes with supervising authorities);
- intellectual property (IP) protection and enforcement;
- labelling, trade and marketing regulations;
- EU and state funding;
- acquisition, management and disposal of real estate (agricultural and forestry land, farms, facilities);
- tax (including tax structuring) and customs, social security;
- commercial transactions (supply chain, distribution and agency, franchising);
- employment matters (seasonal work, part-time work);
- investment, M&A, joint ventures, partnerships;
- local and EU competition law (prohibited agreements, abuse of dominant market position, unfair competition).