Financial Services & Insurance Overview
SORAINEN Financial Services & Insurance Sector Group, a regional leader, advises financial institutions on capital markets, regulatory, compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and insolvency issues. Dedicated groups work with financial institutions, including banks, payment and e-money institutions, investment firms, insurance companies and brokers, asset managers, investment and pension funds, trading and settlement systems and their operators, issuers and investors. SORAINEN with its fully integrated team is often the first port of call for advice in local as well as complex and demanding cross-border financial institutional transactions.
Our Financial Services & Insurance Sector Group integrates 32 skilled lawyers with specialist legal expertise and deep industry knowledge across all our offices and practices in the Baltic region and Belarus. Clients rely on SORAINEN for expertise, a proven track record in the most challenging and innovative financial sector transactions and an understanding of client needs.
Below are just some of the services where our lawyers apply their in-depth knowledge of and proven experience in the financial sector to develop practical solutions for clients:
- licensing and authorisations;
- advising sellers and acquirers in sales of financial institutions;
- ongoing regulatory advice;
- regulatory investigations and enforcement cases;
- financial products and services;
- anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regulations;
- lending (eg general lending, leveraged buyouts, leasing, asset- and real estate finance);
- structured finance;
- debt restructuring;
- trade finance;
- project financing & PPP;
- equity offerings;
- debt offerings;
- sovereign issues;
- public takeovers, squeeze-outs, sell-outs and delisting;
- listing on regulated and alternative markets;
- securities market and stock exchange corporate governance, disclosure and reporting requirements;
- issues related to insurance.