Intellectual Property Overview
The SORAINEN Intellectual Property Practice is mainly focused on providing high-quality legal services related to trade marks, domain names, designs, copyrights, patents, confidential information and unfair competition.
From securing ownership through registration to representation in complex disputes in the Baltics and Belarus, the scope of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice helps clients extract and enjoy maximum value from their rights while minimising the possible risks.
SORAINEN is recommended for its Intellectual Property Practice by international directories such as The Legal 500 (“SORAINEN attracts some of the largest brands globally for both contentious and non-contentious IP advice.”), Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, PLC Which lawyer? and World Trademark Review 1000 ("[...] this major regional player is home to a strong trademark practice").
SORAINEN offers expertise in all key intellectual property areas in the Baltic States and Belarus, including:
- trade marks;
- domain names;
- copyrights and neighbouring rights;
- protection of inventions;
- anti-counterfeiting and piracy;
- advice in unfair competition and marketing law;
- intellectual property agreements (licenses, transfers, non-disclosure and confidentiality);
- prosecution of intellectual property rights in the relevant state institutions;
- enforcement of intellectual property rights, including pre-trial procedures, customs actions, litigation and negotiations.
SORAINEN is a member of the International Trademark Association, a non profit membership association of more than 5,900 trade mark owners and professionals, from more than 190 countries, dedicated to the support and advancement of trade marks and related intellectual property.
The regional head of the SORAINEN Intellectual Property Practice is Renata Beržanskienė.
Local heads of the SORAINEN Intellectual Property Practice are: