Tax & Customs Overview
The SORAINEN integrated regional Tax & Customs Practice deploying experienced former Big4 audit firm tax specialists and lawyers with extensive tax know-how provides advice for businesses in the Baltics and Belarus.
SORAINEN pays the utmost attention to the continuing education of its tax lawyers at seminars abroad and uses world-wide tax data bases, while team lawyers share their know-how at frequent pan-Baltic meetings.
SORAINEN is recommended for its Tax & Customs Practice by international directories such as The Legal 500 (“The scale of cross-border and VAT mandates is impressive, but no less so than the high-quality tax litigation practice.”) and Chambers Europe (“The ‘high responsiveness’ of this team makes clients feel like ‘it is a family; it is very easy to work with SORAINEN’.”).
SORAINEN offers expertise in all key tax and customs areas in the Baltic States and Belarus, including:
- tax and customs advice and optimisation, including, but not limited to:
- advance ruling requests;
- transfer pricing compliance;
- local and cross-border mergers;
- managing the “effective tax rate”;
- market entry strategies and structuring, focusing on the new Baltic holding opportunities;
- permanent establishment risks;
- input VAT deductibility optimisation;
- special economic zones and free ports;
- tax and customs disputes at all Ievels;
- tax due diligence and local tax compliance reviews.
SORAINEN was awarded the title of “Baltic States Tax Firm of the Year” in three consecutive years – 2010, 2011 and 2012 –, the title of "Baltic States Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year" in 2013 and nominated among five finalists for both awards in all four years at the International Tax Review European Tax Awards, for the most innovative, international and cross-border tax advice in the region; 2010 was the first year when the Baltics were evaluated. Read more
SORAINEN is also a member of:
- the International Fiscal Association;
- the European VAT Experts’ Group;
- the European Direct Tax Experts Group;
- the Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats, Tax Law Commission; and
- the VAT Forum.
The SORAINEN Tax & Customs Practice is a cooperation partner of WTS. WTS is an international, integrated and independent consulting group. Through its network WTS is represented in about 100 countries worldwide. Within its service portfolio WTS focuses on tax, legal and consulting, www.wts.de.
The SORAINEN Tax & Customs Practice is a member of Transfer Pricing Associates (TPA) Global, a group of independent and specialist providers of transfer pricing services with offices and coverage in over 30 countries around the world, www.tpa-global.com.
The regional head of the SORAINEN Tax & Customs Practice is Jānis Taukačs.
Local heads of the SORAINEN Tax & Customs Practice are: