Sorainen Student Academy (SSA) is an international free of charge educational programme for law students, which is held annually from October to May.
The programme includes:
- 8 workshops dedicated to specific sectors of law from Sorainen partners and associates, taking place simultaneously in the four Sorainen offices; you can see the list of our workshops here (to be announced soon).
- 2 optional regional projects where participants from all four countries have to collaborate with each other, as well as actively practising English language skills.
- International legal camp for outstanding SSA participants from each country, held at the end of August at one of the Sorainen offices.
SSA ‒ benefits:
- Workshops with analysis of real cases, conducted in an interactive and realistic format, including simulation of a court session, negotiating and representing client’s interests, offering legal services to the client.
- Development of soft skills crucial for future lawyers, receiving feedback from the speakers right after each workshop.
- The best participants will be offered an internship at their local Sorainen office.
- One outstanding SSA participant will be selected from each office to have the opportunity to take part in the Sorainen International legal camp – a weekly internship at one of the Sorainen offices together with selected participants from the other three countries, as well as the possibility to participate in the annual 3-day Sorainen Summer Days 2020 corporate event before the start of the internship. At the end of August the chosen participants will have a chance to visit one of our four offices together to get a glimpse of our collaborative culture in a regional team, obtain new knowledge to complement their internship experience and take part in a social programme prepared by the relevant office.
What we expect from you:
- at least one year of law studies under your belt (currently enrolled Master degree students are welcome as well)
- B2 level of English
- outstanding academic results and/or active participation in other academic activities
- motivation to learn and develop
The application period is from 2 September 2019 until 2 October 2019. To apply, please fill in the form by clicking the link. The results will be announced on 17 October 2019. Follow our SSA news on Instagram and Facebook.
Here’s what Sorainen Student Academy graduates/alumni say:
“Sorainen Student Academy has given me a lot. I learned what it means to work in a law firm in practice, gained experience in teamwork and interviewing, and improved my time management skills.
Workshops were ahead of the learning process, so the knowledge and skills acquired helped me a lot later at University, while some topics aroused my interest in further learning. The pleasant part was the constant feedback. In addition, the programme let me meet interesting people, and participation in regional projects provided me with the opportunity to interact with participants from other countries.
Finally, the most important thing was that participation in the programme helped me to determine what I want to do in the future.”
“The programme lived up to and even exceeded my expectations! I’ve not only got valuable experience and a professional toolkit, but also enhanced networking. Every seminar provides insight and guidance into where challenges lie and where opportunities exist. Participation in the programme has helped me to reveal personal character traits I should be working on. Gaining new knowledge shows that there remains considerable room for improvement. This is an amazing inspiration and a push for further personal growth.
Thank you for your efforts and such a great opportunity! Sorainen Student Academy is a great way of sharing knowledge, acquiring professional and personal skills, making acquaintances and getting inspiration!”