Sorainen Student Academy (SSA) is an international free of charge educational programme for law students, which is held annually from October to May.
The programme includes:
- 8 workshops* dedicated to specific sectors of law from Sorainen partners and associates, taking place simultaneously in the four Sorainen offices.
- 2 optional regional projects where participants from all four countries will collaborate with each other, as well as practice English language skills.
SSA ‒ benefits:
- Workshops with analysis of real cases, conducted in an interactive and realistic format, including simulation of a court session, negotiating and representing the client’s interests, offering legal services to the client.
- Development of soft skills crucial for future lawyers, receiving feedback from speakers right after each workshop.
- Expansion of the professional network and establishment of important professional contacts not only with local but also future professional lawyers in the region.
- The best participants will be offered an internship at their local Sorainen office.
What we expect from you:
- at least one year of law studies under your belt (currently enrolled Master’s degree students are welcome as well).
- B2 level of English.
- outstanding academic results and/or active participation in other academic activities.
- motivation to learn and develop.
The application period is from 1 September 2020 until 2 October 2020. To apply, please fill in the form by clicking the link. The results will be announced on 16 October 2020. Follow our SSA news on Instagram and Facebook.
Here’s what Sorainen Student Academy 2019/2020 graduates/alumni say:
Sorainen Student Academy broadened my views and understandings of lawyers’ work and also brought out the challenges of this profession. During SSA lectures many examples given by practising lawyers are really exciting and from real life. In addition to interesting lectures, SSA is a great place to meet other law students.
Alumna of SSA from EE, Kati Rohtla
SSA offered me a student-friendly and comprehensible insight into the subject areas of an internationally operating law firm, which leads to subsequent interest in trying myself in one of the areas.
Alumna of SSA from EE, Eva Lennuk
Sorainen student academy is definitely much more than 8 workshops by professional lawyers. First of all, this is about motivation to become a lawyer. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. For me SSA is the first step that has already shown me plenty of opportunities where to go, how to go, and when. During SSA Sorainen lawyers gave us a general image about different fields of law using practical tasks and sharing their own experience. SSA helped me choose the practice sphere for my further development. I strongly recommend applying for those students who want to find themselves in the legal profession, get new professional acquaintances and actually feel the atmosphere of an international legal office!
Alumna of SSA from BY, Katsiaryna Vinnikava
The Sorainen Student Academy (SSA) definitely lived up to its promotion as most of the workshops were nicely built around real life cases and the partners themselves found the time to share their experience on the most challenging legal questions they have encountered throughout their careers. The content of the SSA will perfectly complement your legal knowledge no matter how many years of academic studies you have completed or how much practical experience you have gathered.
Alumna of SSA from LV, Linards Ābelīte
Sorainen Student Academy is a perfect place to get acquainted not only with diverse areas of law, but also with a wide range of professionals. At Sorainen Student Academy, students listen to a variety of lectures, participate in simulations and international activities, during which they gain practical knowledge useful for their future careers. I recommend Sorainen Student Academy to every law student!
Alumna of SSA from LT, Justė Kavaliauskaitė
* Workshops will be organised online or live if the situation allows, always following rules and recommendations by local governments and authorities – full #safetyfirst approach.