Last year Linstow Baltic, one of the leading commercial property developers in the Baltics, finalised and opened to the public one of the most exciting new development projects in Riga – the expansion of the Origo shopping centre, which is located in the very heart of the city right next to the central railway station.
The expansion project involved:
(1) reconstruction of the existing “A” building;
(2) development of a brand new multifunctional commercial centre, which also includes the Origo One business centre.
The total investment in the expansion project exceeds EUR 60,000,000.
Last week the new Origo building was named building of the year in the category “New Public Building”, thus establishing its status as one of the landmark buildings of the city.
We have been honoured to assist the client (Linstow Baltic) throughout the whole development process of the project.
Our assistance during the project included with the preparation and negotiation of:
(1) contracts with the general contractors (based on the FIDIC Yellow Book);
(2) tailormade contracts with other contractors of the client, who were performing fit-out works;
(3) contracts with construction supervisor (based on the FIDIC White Book), and design supervisor, as well as assistance with operational matters during and after the construction process (dealing with claims, preparing guarantee forms, handing over the works, and others).
The project team consisted of senior associate Jorens Jaunozols and partner Lelde Laviņa.