Careers without borders
We connect talent with opportunities across the region.
Here at Sorainen you will find you are an integral part of a large international team. While the work you do will not be the easiest, it is sure to be satisfying – meaningful and valuable, and having a real impact on the market. Does that sound like something you would enjoy? Do you consider yourself business-minded, and do you strive for excellence through constant personal development and innovation? Then you are very welcome to join.
Good Sorainen things our people have mentioned:
- A mentor for every newcomer – we have 80 of our best minds dedicated to onboarding new talent and supporting coworkers in development
- Advanced IT systems using AI
- Friendly people, always open to conversation, even at the busiest times
- Great training courses and sessions – in 2018 alone our people spent more than 8200 hours on expanding their knowledge
- Fresh fruit in the office, and fully paid healthcare and loyalty vacation days
- Wellness subsidy – for physical activities of your choice
- Time off to take bar exams
- Transparency in remuneration
- The famous Sorainen events – work hard and play hard
Are you a law student looking to acquire practical legal knowledge? Then you have come to the right place. Welcome to Sorainen Student Academy!
Workshops are held from October to April, so that all our students and lawyers in all our countries can stay in touch and be on the same page.
The best academy students get access to more of our in-house seminars and events. And, of course, are invited onto our internship programme. With the right skills and attitude, and a bit of luck, you could be a full-fledged Sorainen team member in no time.
What we offer:
- Interesting workshops with plenty of practical examples and useful legal guidance
- Participation in one Regional Project for students from all 4 countries
- Opportunity to meet like-minded people and to network with the best experts in the legal field
- Internship for the most involved students in their respective local office
What you bring with you:
- At least one year of law studies under your belt (Master’s degree students are welcome as well)
- Eagerness to learn
- Fluent English
- Good academic results
- A broad range of interests
Who can participate in Sorainen Student Academy?
The programme is designed for law students. So, all students who have finished at least one year of law studies are welcome to apply (Master’s degree students are welcome too!).
What is the programme of Sorainen Student Academy?
The programme includes interactive workshops based on real cases and involving simulation of court sessions, negotiations and client representation. You will also be participating in international projects as well as collaborating with other students. The combination of lectures and practical workshops will help you better understand the peculiarities of the legal profession.
SSA also offers many networking opportunities and a chance to familiarise yourself with Sorainen’s corporate culture and values.
Do the workshops take place online or offline?
Under regular circumstances, we apply a hybrid approach: all international meetings are held online via MS Teams or ZOOM, while local workshops take place at Sorainen offices. We have been closely monitoring the epidemiological situation in our countries and if there are no restrictions we meet face-to-face.
What language are the workshops held in?
8 workshops are held in the local languages; all the other projects are in English. Your level of English will have to be at least B2 to feel comfortable throughout the Academy programme.
What is the duration of Sorainen Student Academy?
The Academy starts in September and ends in April. We will take a short break during the end of December and throughout January so that you can concentrate on your studies and exams.
On which days do the workshops take place?
The workshops take place* every second Thursday, 6–8 p.m. local time.
How should I prepare for the workshops?
You may get some homework for some of the workshops – you will be informed about this by your local coordinator before each seminar. It normally takes around two hours to complete the homework.
How and when can I apply for Sorainen Student Academy?
The application period for Sorainen Student Academy 2022/2023 is closed. For the latest updates, please check our website and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
What will I get after graduating from Sorainen Student Academy?
You will improve your legal knowledge and expand your professional network, both locally and internationally. All Sorainen Student Academy graduates receive certificates and the most successful ones will be offered an internship at Sorainen.
Taking an internship at Sorainen is like an intense training – at least that’s what our interns say. You don’t get to sit around much – instead, you are included in major client projects in a very real way.
What is more – as a beginning lawyer you get to practice in as many fields as you like. Take your time to find your passion! We understand you may not be sure straight away.
While you study, you will find that Sorainen offers you a great work and study balance with great flexibility to accommodate your schedule.
Most of our junior hires come from internships –if you’re looking for a way in, this is the best one.
What we offer:
- interesting cases and work tasks
- supervision of a senior associate/partner
- opportunity to join to Sorainen as a legal assistant after the internship
What you bring with you:
- at least two years of law studies under your belt
- fluent English
- outstanding academic results
- desire to work hard and learn fast
Contact our People and Culture
phone +375 17 306 2102
fax +375 17 306 2079
Head of People and CultureKristiina Härms