Diverse expertise, one business services system
Sorainen’s offices operate together as a single ecosystem under a single ISO 9001-certified quality management system. We use cutting-edge technology to share our experience and know-how between our offices, teams and sector groups. When our lawyers are confronted with an issue they can immediately draw on the vast experience Sorainen holds across all our jurisdictions, meaning they don’t have to spend so much time on research and can focus more on creating legal solutions that are just right for the client’s needs.
Sorainen employs modern legal technologies & AI:
Green Meadow Document Drafter – a document automation tool
Luminance, a form of artificial intelligence technology which streamlines M&A due diligence processes
xLaw, a knowledge management system helping lawyers enhance efficiency
Doing good as lawyers and living right
At Sorainen, we are committed to making the world a better place and supporting initiatives that we believe in. Our sustainability strategy is built on three pillars: doing good with our legal work, supporting charities and living right.
Legal work. As a law firm, we can make the largest impact by using our knowledge of law, so we:
- help and educate students
- work pro bono
- advise on drafting better legislation
- serve on boards and organise in NGOs
- speak up on legal issues in public
- develop new sustainable legal areas
- have sustainable client acceptance policies
Most of our pro bono work is done in the framework of the Shared Mission programme. This programme was launched in 2020 to support a faster recovery of our region from the health and economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. EUR 100,000 worth of support was distributed to over 20 organisations, with more than 40 lawyers working on the cases. The programme’s success made us certain that we need to continue with the programme.
Supporting charities. Every year, we take part in charitable activities.
- We often use firm events to support charitable causes
- Let’s Donate Time – our firm gives one day off to all employees to do charitable work
- Let’s Do It (Teeme ära“) environmental cleanup campaigns
- Sorainen Estonia has a long-standing cooperation with the Art Museum of Estonia, as well as Bethel’s Centre of Pastoral Care, which helps at-risk children and families.
- Sorainen Latvia cooperates with the Latvian Children’s Palliative Care Society and supports charity marathon Dod pieci which takes place before Christmas and is organised by Radio Pieci.
- Sorainen Lithuania supports the Vilnius International Film Festival “Kino Pavasaris”. In 2019 the firm opened a coworking space for students at Vilnius University as a ‘thank you’ gift.
What is really great, our people are individually very active in charitable causes – as founders, board members and supporters of NGOs, and volunteers for good causes. As a team, we are happy to join in when our colleagues reach out.
Living right. We adhere to certain principles.
- Saving environment. We work for increasingly sustainable offices where sorting trash, avoiding plastic and using energy-saving equipment is a rule.
- Respecting all people. We believe that all people were created equal, and we show this with our actions and HR policies.
UN Sustainability goals close to our heart
Like many organisations, we have also selected the UN sustainability goals that are close to our heart and resonate with our daily activities.
- Endure healthy lives and promote well-being
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe resilient and sustainable
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions
Find us in the international rankings. Band one
Client satisfaction is the real measure of success for the work we do, but we also value the external recognition gained from the international awards we have won. We are featured as a top tier law firm in the Baltic region based on rankings by the legal directories The Legal 500, Chambers Europe, Chambers Global and IFLR1000, as well as the transaction league table Mergermarket.
We have received awards from:
European Law Firm of the Year in 2016, and Baltic Law Firm of the Year in 2017, 2016 and 2014 for its impressive growth, strategic development and strong international clientele.
Baltic Law Firm of the Year in 2014, recognising the firm for its excellence in client service, and for having the highest profile, the most innovative work and the most impressive strategic growth.
Baltic Law Firm of the Year in 2020, 2018, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010 and 2009 for advising on the most complex and innovative international transactions in the areas of project financing, restructuring and M&A, as well as debt, equity and capital markets.
Baltic Legal Adviser of the Year in 2017, 2015, 2014, 2012 and 2008 for advising on the largest number of M&A transactions and for the highest total value of transactions in the Baltic states.
International Tax Review
Baltic States Tax Firm of the Year in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011 and 2010; and Baltic States Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year in 2018 and 2013, for providing the most innovative international and cross-border tax advice.