Since 2009, leading companies in the Baltic and Nordic regions have convened at the Baltic and Nordic Energy Summit to discuss the issues and the way forward for projects seeking to transition to renewable energy and decarbonize.
The Forum offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn from leading experts on regional energy trends and energy market developments as well as discover cutting-edge innovations and ideas at the forefront of today’s energy revolution.
The 2023 edition will take place in Tallinn on November 28-29 2023. This is to further discuss action plans, initiatives, and priorities in the Baltic-Nordic region.
Our Country Managing Partner Kaupo Lepasepp will be moderator of the panel „Power purchasing agreements“.
In order to achieve net-zero economies, renewable energies like solar and wind power must be expanded rapidly. As a result, the PPA market continues to grow and has the potential to pave the way for combating climate change. Nevertheless, it is crucial to ensure enough funding is available for green energy projects, as well as to make such projects more appealing to investors.
In which markets have PPAs been used recently? How are market actors navigating PPA selection? In terms of investment climate, which PPA model is best? What are the major concerns of large power consumers, market risks and challenges on the way?
Our counsel Kaspar Endrikson will be moderator of the panel „What’s new in the Nordic-Baltic offshore wind market?“.
The panel will cover the following topics:
- Lessons learned from operating offshore wind farms in the region and up and coming projects
- It is anticipated that Baltic Sea countries will increase offshore wind capacity sevenfold by 2030. What barriers and opportunities will exist between now and 2030, as well as how to overcome them?
- What direction do we need to take and what does the Baltic/Nordic supply chain need to succeed?
- Baltic Sea offshore wind expansion potential: hybrid interconnectors and energy islands projects across
- TSO views on offshore developments