Digital sustainability Forum: Common health data resource for smart health
The Digital Sustainability Forum in Latvia is organized by the Latvian Information and Communication Technology Association (LIKTA), Latvia’s Ministry of Economics, and Microsoft.
The event will focus on a common European Health Data Resource (EHDR), in particular the legal, regulatory and technology framework requirements related to the development and usage of EHDR.
The Forum will be set up as a digital roundtable and each expert team will focus on one topic.
Our partner Ieva Andersone will take part in a work session group on defining the rules for commercialization of intellectual property rights for developments/inventions based on genomic and other health data research.
Topics discussed by other participants:
- Definition of national and international regulations for fast and cost-effective genomic and other health data sharing and use.
- Implementation of sharing genomic and other health data in international data platforms or consortia research safely and compliant with the GDPR plus national and international regulations.
- Development of a legal framework for access and reuse of genomic and other health data from clinical diagnostics for secondary use in research.
- Harmonization and validation of genomic and other health data from various sources for use in developed IT health solutions.
- Systemisation of secure and convenient sharing of trustworthy information on health data between citizens and authorities in support of better management of the COVID-19 crisis.
More info about the event: https://likta.lv/digital-sustainability-forum/