Webinar: Competition restrictions in distribution and supply agreements
We invite you to join our webinar at 10 a.m. on 10 November to learn about the latest developments in assessing the lawfulness of competition restrictions in distribution and supply agreements.
The current vertical agreements block exemptions will expire on 31 May 2022. The European Commission has published the draft revised vertical agreements block exemption regulation and accompanying guidelines. Some previously exempted restrictions will lose the presumption of lawfulness, some restrictions that were previously not exempted will gain the presumption of lawfulness.
The new vertical agreements block exemption might require changes to your existing distribution and supply agreements in the near future in order to avoid scrutiny from the competition authorities, or to take maximum advantage of the safe haven created by the block exemption.
We have selected the aspects of the new draft vertical agreements block exemption that we think you will be most interested to hear about
- Online sales restrictions: when and what can be restricted?
- Parity clauses: what are they, and are they lawful?
- Exclusive territories and customer groups: when is exclusive abusive?
- Fixing resale prices – is anything going to change?
- Enforcement priorities, existing case law and expected changes in the Baltics: discussion with the Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian competition authorities
Šarūnas Keserauskas, Chairman of the Competition Council of Lithuania
Juhan Põldroos, Head of the supervisory department of the competition division of the Estonian Competition authority
Līga Daugaviete, Member of the Competition Council of Latvia
Daivis Švirinas, Partner, Sorainen
Kaupo Lepasepp, Partner, Sorainen
Ieva Andersone, Partner, Sorainen
Marika Grunte, Senior Associate, Sorainen
Monika Mališauskaitė-Vaupšienė, Counsel, Sorainen
Piibe Lehtsaar, Counsel, Sorainen