On 20 August 2020 Vilnius City Municipality together with Lithuanian and international companies as well as leading Lithuanian universities established the Intelligent Energy Lab platform. Sorainen joined the Intelligent Energy Lab as the legal partner. This open platform will be responsible for generating and implementing sustainable energy ideas in Vilnius.
Says Tomas Kontautas, country managing partner at Sorainen Lithuanian office: “Our core purpose is to increase prosperity in the Baltic States and Belarus by helping clients succeed in business. We believe that sustainable energy is an important condition for prosperity. Being the legal partner of Intelligent Energy Lab platform will give us many opportunities to help organisations leading Vilnius city and the entire region towards sustainable energy. We are glad that we will have an opportunity to share our experience and knowledge in the energy sector and aim for this important goal together.”
Seeking more sustainable energy consumption and management
The Intelligent Energy Lab is an open platform aiming to attract companies, universities, institutes and associated structures interested in energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and the modern urban energy sector. As the world’s energy needs grow, its consumption and management must become much more sustainable. To achieve this, it is necessary to meet the challenges of growth, development and modernization of existing energy infrastructure.
Ignitis Group, EPSO-G, Baltcap, Sunrise Valley Science and Technology Park, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University and others have already joined the Intelligent Energy Lab. The activities of the platform are coordinated by Vilniaus šilumos tinklai.
Sorainen a contributor to many innovative energy projects
Our integrated Energy sector group has worked on innovative energy projects for many years, advising both industry leaders and startups implementing novel ideas. The team consists of lawyers specialising in diverse fields of law as well as taxation, so we are fully equipped to assist on a wide range of projects in the energy sector. Some of the projects we have worked on:
- Energytech startup Inion LT attracts EUR 500,000 investment
- Koinvesticinis fondas and LitBan invest EUR 180,000 in startup Nanoenergija
- Lietuvos energija (Ignitis Group) issues EUR 300 million green bonds issue, the first to develop a green bond financing tool in Lithuania
- Modus Group receives first EBRD investment in the Belarusian renewable energy sector
- American energy sector giant Chevron acquires 50 % of shares in LL investicijos, a Lithuanian company holding a permit for exploration and production of hydrocarbon resources in Western Lithuania