PILnet, a global non-governmental organisation that creates opportunities for social change by unlocking the full potential of the law, invites everyone to participate in a webinar taking place on 31 May at 15:00. This will help you to better understand the opportunities and risks involved with cryptocurrency and NFTs in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
An increasing number of charities across the world have started accepting cryptocurrency as donations, including UNICEF and the Salvation Army. New platforms like The Giving Block and DoinGud are helping nonprofits to raise funds with cryptocurrency and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
This webinar will:
- Provide general information about cryptocurrency and NFTs
- Provide a brief overview of legal regulation of blockchain-based technology, cryptocurrency and NFTs in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- Identify successful projects that use cryptocurrency and NFTs to fundraise for good causes
- Help CSOs understand the fundraising process and regulatory requirements
- Recommend best practices for CSOs in order to comply with the regulatory requirements.
Our Baltic cryptocurrency, tax and NFT experts will introduce the specifics of each of the Baltic States:
- Estonia – counsel Hetti Lump, senior associate Verner Silm
- Latvia – counsel Aija Lasmane, senior associate Agneta Rumpa
- Lithuania – counsel Gerda Skirbutienė, associate Akvilė Jurkaitytė
Registration is open until 30 May.