As an associate with the firm’s Finance & Insurance practice group in Latvia, I combine transactional work with participation in dispute resolution.
Finance & Insurance. My work covers a wide spectrum of legal matters including:
- finance transactions (credit and security agreements);
- regulatory issues (bank and other financial institution licensing);
- compliance (assisting clients in anti-money laundering investigations);
- insurance (managing complex claims);
- legislative initiatives (developing the covered bonds legal framework in Latvia with the support of the EBRD and the European Commission).
Dispute resolution. I am continuously engaged in dispute resolution cases involving finance and insurance-related issues.
Academic interests and achievements
As a Fulbright scholar in the USA with a focus on finance law, I got fascinated with crypto-ventures, blockchain and smart contracts. At the same time, I broadened my understanding of European finance markets by researching US banking and securities regulation as well as corporate finance. Transferring this newly-acquired knowledge to practice is a prime goal.
Successful participation in international moot court competitions (eg, the Jessup International Moot Court Competition and the EU Law Moot Court) and in pro bono projects during Fulbright studies are experiences that have helped me become a better legal professional.
Wake Forest University, School of Law, USA (LLM/Business Law)
University of Latvia, Latvia (LLB, LLM)
I am a member of
Latvian Bar Association