Do you know your rights and responsibilities when trading with digital art (NFTs included)?
Are you aware of the risks to consider while uploading your artwork in a public space like the internet?
Kanvas.ai and Sorainen cover the following topics in a webinar, which you can watch below:
Digital art – copyright laws and taxation
- Digital art and copyright on the Internet: what to consider?
- Digital art, including NFT art, is protected by copyright like so-called traditional art
- Copyright regulation in transactions: Assignment vs. Licensing
- When acquiring an NFT artwork, the copyright of the work is not automatically transferred – for this, a separate agreement must be concluded
- Taxation of digital art, including NFT art
- What taxes apply?
- Assignment vs Licensing
- What to consider when dealing with art?
- Sales in and out of the EU
Our experts Kärt Anna Maire Kelder and Helery Maidlas advise about NFT marketplace terms and conditions.