In the recently released Legal500 2023 rankings, Sorainen has further solidified its position as a top-tier law firm and stands out as the strongest law firm in the Baltics, having the most Tier 1 rankings across the region.
Across the Baltics, we received the highest Tier 1 rankings in 28 legal fields out of 31. Our Estonian Real Estate & Construction (REC) team earned the highly coveted Tier 1 ranking this year, joining our Latvian and Lithuanian REC teams as go-to advisors in the field.
According to Legal500, ‘’Sorainen is a leading firm in real estate and construction with the team working on a range of assignments including project development, environmental planning and real estate development. The group has been involved in a number of large projects, including involvement in the Tallinn-Helsinki underwater tunnel.’’
In the research period, examples of the team’s work include:
- Advising Decathlon, the world’s largest seller of sports products, on entering the Estonian market and signing the lease agreement for the biggest sports goods store in the Baltic region.
- Advising YIT, the most prominent Finnish urban developer and construction company, on establishing a partnership involving the largest ever residential to-let development project in the Baltic countries.
- Advising Riigi Kinnisvara, a real estate development and management company established for the efficient management of the real estate belonging to the Estonian state, on the first-ever large-scale purchase of electricity produced from renewable sources.
Our Estonian Fintech team firmly entered the inaugural Fintech rankings as a Tier 1 team.
The Legal500 reports: ‘’Sorainen provides a wide range of services in fintech, with specialisations including alternative lending, payments, alternative fund management, banking, blockchain and cryptocurrencies. The team, headed by Kätlin Krisak, regularly advises on new blockchain-based business models that aim to disrupt the financial services sector. Krisak is a valued expert, and her experience includes operations, licensing and regulatory matters; she has assisted numerous clients in communicating with the Financial Intelligence Unit, including advising clients on obtaining an AML license. Jane Eespõld is noteworthy for advising on complex fintech projects and being a go-to advisor in blockchain and cryptocurrency-related projects.’’
The most recognised and recommended team
Furthermore, 54 colleagues earned individual recognition as market-leading experts from the guide, making Sorainen the most recommended team in the region. This includes a record growth in individual rankings, with 12 lawyers entering the rankings for the first time. The newly recognised specialists include:
- Norman Aas – ranked as a Next generation partner in the field of Dispute Resolution.
- Triin Toom – ranked as a Rising star in the field of Dispute Resolution.
- Pirkko-Liis Harkmaa – ranked as a Rising star in the field of Employment.
- Kätlin Krisak – ranked as a Next generation partner in the field of Fintech.
- Jane Eespõld – ranked as a Rising star in the field of Fintech.
- Carri Ginter – ranked as a Leading individual in the field of Shipping&Transport.
- Kaspar Endrikson – ranked as a Rising Star in the field of Shipping&Transport.
- Triin Ploomipuu – ranked as a Rising Star in the field of Real Estate & Construction.
- Kaido Künnapas – ranked as a Next generation partner in the field of Tax.
- Verner Silm – ranked as a Rising Star in the field of Tax.
- Linda Reneslāce – ranked as a Rising Star in the field of IP, IT & Telecoms.
- Jurgita Karvelė – ranked as a Rising star in the field of Employment.
About the Legal 500
The Legal 500 assesses the strengths of law firms in over 150 jurisdictions. The rankings highlight the teams providing the most cutting-edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel. The research is based on feedback from clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers.
You can read more about the Legal 500 rankings 2023 – here.