The new edition of the Law On public procurement of goods (works, services) comes into force in Belarus from 1 July 2019. It is aimed on the improvement of the existing public procurement procedures, their transparency, establishment of more effective mechanisms of protection of the rights of procurement participants.
The changes to be noted:
- implementation of the State information and analytical system of public procurement management. The system is intended for information support of public procurement through the formation, processing, analysis, control, storage and provision of the relevant information;
- opportunity to file complaints in electronic form in the respect of certain types of procurement procedures;
- reduction of the term for consideration of complaints and suspension period of the procurement procedure (from 30 calendar days to 10 working days);
- reduction of the minimum term for preparing and submitting bids;
- obligation to conclude contracts only in electronic form following certain procurement procedures (open tender, electronic auction, the procedure for requesting price proposals);
- development of the mechanism of centralized procurement.
Please note that the new edition of the Law contains also other changes.
Thus, by 1 July 2019 customers, organizers and participants of public procurement procedures should be ready to perform their activities taking into account the new legal regulation.
For reference. Key figures on public procurement in Belarus (the 1st quarter of 2019):
- more than 176 000 procedures were handled;
- nearby 105 000 contracts were concluded;
- total amount of concluded agreements is more than EUR 625 million.