Mergermarket have announced the M&A legal experts’ ratings for 2015.
SORAINEN is a leader among law firms in the Baltics and Belarus and is the only law firm to be included by Mergermarket in the TOP 15 law firms in the Central and Eastern European region. SORAINEN’S leading position was assured by a successful performance in 15 extraordinary projects with an overall value exceeding EUR 204 million.
In 2015 the SORAINEN team implemented the following important regional M&A deals:
- Advising Bridgepoint, a major international private equity group, on the acquisition of Nordic Cinema Group, a leading cinema operator in the Nordic and Baltic regions which owns, eg, Forum Cinemas in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Total deal value is around EUR 500 million.
- Advising Providence Equity Partners on the acquisition of telecoms group BITË from Mid Europa Partners. Providence Equity Partners is a premier global asset management firm with USD 45 billion in assets under management across complementary private equity and credit businesses.
- Advising the buy-side on a transaction where Partners Group acquired real estate acting on behalf of its clients and its new investment vehicle together with its operating partner Northern Horizon Capital. Total transaction value amounts to EUR 163 million.
- Advising Bank of Moscow, a member of Russia’s VTB Group, on the sale of its Belarusian subsidiary, Bank Moscow-Minsk. Total deal value is around EUR 55.7 million.
- Advising PZU, the largest Polish life and non-life insurer, on closing the sale of 99.88% shares in PZU Lietuva to Gjensidige Forskiring, a leading Nordic general insurance company, for approx EUR 66 million.
- Together with Swedish law firm Cederquist assisting Latgran Biofuels on the sale of its shares in LATGRAN. LATGRAN’s sales in 2014 were EUR 73 million.
Mergermarket, part of the Financial Times Group, provides M&A transaction information and intelligence tracking on M&A deals with a value exceeding USD 5 million (approx EUR 4.7 million) or involving target companies with an annual turnover above USD 10 million (approx EUR 9.4 million). See the full Mergermarket Global and regional M&A Report Q1-Q3 2015 here >>