As head of the firm’s Corporate and M&A team in Lithuania, I enjoy working with a bright, energetic and dynamic team consisting of the field’s leading experts. I have been passionate about assisting clients in the M&A and corporate field since the very beginning of my career nearly 20 years ago. I believe that good M&A and corporate advice always requires innovative solutions and unconventional thinking, which is what makes this field so fascinating.
Advising major M&A projects in the Baltics. While helping clients to carry out dozens of M&A transactions, I have learnt that M&A is not about winning or losing “negotiating battles” – it is about the art of achieving compromises. Our team has been involved in landmark M&A transactions in the Baltics. These included PZU’s acquisition of RSA Baltic’s business (total transaction value approx EUR 270 million); Partners Group’s acquisition of a real estate portfolio in all three Baltic States and Poland from the BPT Optima real estate fund (total transaction value EUR 163 million); Oriola’s divestment of its Baltic business to Oribalt Group, controlled by the management of Oriola Baltic subsidiaries; PZU’s sale of a majority stake in its Lithuanian subsidiary to Gjensidige Forskiring (transaction value approx EUR 66 million); and numerous others.
Elegant corporate solutions. My particular interest lies in complex corporate matters that require tailoring solutions that would work flawlessly in practice, in line with applicable law, and would perfectly resolve issues which the client is facing. My corporate work highlights include assisting FREOR in attracting private equity investment from Mezzanine Management and Livonia Partners, plus adjusting the corporate governance structure of FREOR to balance the interests of the parties; advising Olympic Entertainment Group on structuring and implementing a highly complex merger of two regulated businesses in Lithuania; and many other projects.
Power of good project management. I am a true believer that there can never be too much good project management, which creates additional value by structuring the process, thus saving time, energy and money. Our team is always happy to take over this task and remove the hassle from the client’s shoulders.
- Vilnius University, Lithuania (Dr of Social Sciences, Law, to be obtained)
- Baltic Management Institute, Lithuania (Executive MBA)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands (Postgraduate LLM in Business, Corporate and Maritime Law (specialisation Corporate Law), cum laude)
- The College of Law of England and Wales, UK (International Practice Diploma Programme in International Mergers and Acquisitions)
- The College of Law of England and Wales, UK (International Practice Diploma Programme in International Business Organisations)
- Vilnius University, Lithuania (MA in Law)
I am a member of
- Lithuanian Bar Association
- Lithuanian Young Bar Association