Mergermarket has announced their latest M&A legal experts’ ratings for 2016. According to these ratings, Sorainen has risen seven positions since last year to eighth position in the CEE region. To determine their rating, Mergermarket assessed 20 major M&A transactions with a total disclosed value of USD 262 million that Sorainen was involved in 2016, including:
- advising Nordea, the largest financial services group in northern Europe, on combining operations with DNB in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania to create the leading main bank in the Baltics with strong Nordic roots;
- acting as lead legal counsel for the shareholders of Palink, the operator of the IKI retail chain, on the sale of 100% of Palink shares to Rimi Baltic, in a deal that had a total transaction value of EUR 213 million, which made it the largest M&A transaction in Lithuania in 2016;
- advising Facebook, the world’s leading social network, in connection with its acquisition of Masquerade Technologies, a Belarus-based developer of the popular mask and face-swapping app MSQRD, recently ranked as the top mobile application in the App Store across more than 60 countries globally;
- advising Wihuri, a Finnish company operating in technical trading, on the sale of its Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian subsidiaries to Avesco;
- assisting a consortium of AMP Capital Investors and Infracapital Partners II in acquiring a 100% equity stake in the Adven Group, a provider of sustainable and business critical energy infrastructure and services in Finland, Sweden and Estonia.
Note, Mergermarket is part of the Financial Times Group and provides M&A transaction information and intelligence tracking on M&A deals with a value exceeding USD 5 million or involving target companies with an annual turnover above USD 10 million.
See the full Mergermarket Report 2016 here >>