Sorainen together with Lithuanian business news leader Verslo þinios, In-house Counsel Association B.I.T.A and legal news portal Infolex invite you to participate in the Lawyer of the Year contest. Winners will be elected in two categories: In-house Lawyer Of The Year and Public Sector Lawyer Of The Year.
The contest is being held for the 3rd year in a row. In 2017 and 2018 contest winners were Giedrë Kaminskaitë-Salters (Telia Lietuva), Jekaterina Govina (Bank of Lithuania), Oksana Kostogriz (Euroapotheca) and Rasa Virvilienë (State Tax Inspectorate).
We cordially invite all legal professionals working as in-house lawyers, as well as in the public sector, to participate in the contest. Applications for selection can be submitted before 18 March here >>. Nominations can be submitted by nominees themselves, their supervisors or colleagues.
Criteria for selection:
- The most significant project (a case won, an innovative project implemented, an important agreement signed, a significant merger implemented).
- Support for colleagues (being very supportive and helpful to team members).
- Social activity (active participation in professional and social organizations, activity and visibility in the legal market).
- Innovations implemented (innovative business solutions, implementing IT tools in daily processes, promoting innovations in the workplace).
The first evaluation of applications received will be implemented by Civitta, a leading independent management consultancy. Civitta will select 5 nominees in each category. The winners of each category will be selected by a special committee.
- Liudas Basiulis, president of In-house Counsel Association B.I.T.A.
- Tauras Pëstininkas, CEO of Lexnet.
- Oksana Kostogriz, head of the legal and HR department at Euroapotheca, winner of In-house Lawyer Of 2018.
- Rasa Virvilienë, head of the legal department at the State Tax Inspectorate, winner of Public Sector Lawyer Of 2018.
- Prof. Dr. Tomas Davulis, Dean of Vilnius University Law Faculty.
- Prof. Dr. Lyra Jakulevièienë, Dean of Mykolas Romeris University Law Faculty.
Winners will be announced at the “Teisës PRO” annual conference for lawyers, which will take place on 9 April in Vilnius, Lithuania. During the event legal professionals from corporates, law firms and governmental institutions will discuss up-to-the-minute topics.