The partner Alexey Anischenko took part both as a coach and as a partner of the 1st Summer School in International Commercial Arbitration entitled “Conducting a Case before the International Arbitration Court at the BelCCI” organized by the BelCCI International Arbitration Court, the Belarusian Bar Association, the MOST Centre for Management of Business Conflicts, and Young ADR – Belarus supported by Arzinger, Lex Torre and MBPravo.
Alexey Anischenko also authored the idea of the Summer School and the educational case for participants. The project was coordinated by associate Aliaksei Vashkevich.
Over four days participants at the Summer School studied aspects of arbitration based on the practice of the International Arbitration Court at the BelCCI, from conclusion of an arbitration agreement to recognition and enforcement of an arbitral award. The sessions were led by practising lawyers – arbitrators and arbitration counsel, namely:
- Jan Funk, PhD in Law, Chairman of the International Arbitration Court at the BelCCI
- Julia Mironchik, attorney at Arzinger Law Firm
- Alexey Anischenko, attorney and partner with Sorainen Law Firm
- Sviatlana Mitskevich, attorney and managing partner at MBPravo Law Firm
- Alexandre Khrapoutski, attorney and partner at Lex Torre Law Firm
- Inna Pererva, PhD in Law, Presidium Member and Head of the Information and Consultation Centre of the International Arbitration Court at the BelCCI
- Veronika Pavlovskaya, lawyer at Arzinger Law Firm
During the award ceremony, representatives of the Summer School organizers noted the special role of arbitration as one of the most wide-spread alternative means of resolving commercial disputes and congratulated the participants for obtaining practical skills in conducting arbitration.
We thank all organizers and partners for this unique programme.