As an associate with the Sorainen Finance & Insurance practice in Estonia, I assist the team and its clients in a wide range of financial matters, especially financial regulatory (including licensing, qualified holding and other regulatory proceedings), anti-money laundering and cryptocurrencies and ICO matters.
Experience in landmark cross-border transactions. I was a member of the pan-Baltic team assisting Nordea and DNB in combining their banking, leasing and pensions businesses in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania to create new banking group Luminor. This was the largest transaction involving combined operations in the history of the Baltic financial markets.
International educational background. In addition to legal degree studies in Estonia, I graduated with distinction from the University of Manchester, obtaining an ICA International Advanced Certificate in Compliance. I also attended the London School of Economics and Political Science’s summer school in International Financial Law and Regulation and am currently studying for a Graduate Diploma in Finance.
Previous experience. Before joining Sorainen, I was a compliance officer at a leading Nordic bank as part of an international team consisting of compliance officers from all the Nordic and Baltic countries. I specialised in securities market law, market abuse and other banking law and regulatory matters.
My previous posts also include a traineeship at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Finland where I was a member of the corporate law team, mainly focusing on mergers and acquisitions.
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (Graduate Diploma in Finance, to be obtained)
- University of Tartu, Estonia (LLM)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (International Financial Law and Regulation, summer school)
- The University of Manchester (ICA International Advanced Certificate in Compliance, With Distinction)
- University of Tartu, Estonia (BA in Government and Politics)