With a background as a dual-qualified dispute resolution attorney ‒ having received higher education in both the civil law and common law systems, and being licensed to practice in Estonia as well as in the United States ‒ my professional drive and curiosity lie in international arbitration.
Representation in international arbitration. Clients include the first Estonian investor to file a claim in the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (Washington, DC) against a foreign state for failure to enforce an international arbitration award. Another major client was an Estonian state-owned company in an international arbitration dispute concerning Estonian energy security.
Interests of minority shareholders. I am seasoned in litigating for the interests of minority shareholders in Estonian companies against wrongful acts by majority shareholders.
Lectures on investment arbitration. Every year, I lecture on investment arbitration in the Sorainen Student Academy and am happy to say the topic has been on the students’ “most popular” list for years.
- Georgetown University Law Center, USA (LL.M. in International Business & Economic Law with a certificate in International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution, graduated with Distinction)
- University of Vienna, Austria, (exchange student, spring 2013)
- University of Salzburg (summer school in European private law)
- University of Tartu, Estonia (MA in Law)
- Howard University, Washington DC, USA (exchange student, fall 2010)
- University of Tartu, Estonia (BA in law)
I am a member of
- Estonian Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Young Arbitrators Forum of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC YAF)
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA)
- Young International Arbitration Group of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA YIAG)