The Sorainen partnership continues expanding as, this April, Jorens Jaunozols becomes the ninth partner at the Latvian office. Jorens joined the Sorainen Real Estate & Construction group exactly eight years ago from a private sector company.
Jorens has been involved in and advised clients on several notable projects – to name a few:
- numerous acquisition and sales transactions by real estate developer Linstow – most recently, the development and lease of the new SEB HQ building in Riga
- Rail Baltica construction and development projects, including a construction contract for the RIX connection
- reconstruction of Riga Circus
- development of Sāga shopping centre
- dispute regarding the reconstruction of Jaunais Rīgas Teātris
- a number of cases related to disputes, including representation of clients before the Constitutional Court of Latvia
Jorens’ interest in and responsible work on pro bono projects should be especially emphasised, including in cases before the Constitutional Court of Latvia concerning the protection of fundamental rights .
Lelde Laviņa, partner and co-head of the Latvian Real Estate & Construction group, comments: “Jorens’ career path shows that investing in the team’s and one’s own development jointly with building client relationships always pays off. From teammate to co-head, Jorens has always been a partner in the thinking process, be it a complicated client matter or setting strategic pathways for the team’s development He is currently an acting mentor for our newest colleagues, a role he has also taken in the past. I am happy to welcome him to the firm’s partnership and glad that our clients will now receive even more attention to their needs from partners.”
As previously reported, nine partners from three different countries have joined the Sorainen team since the beginning of the year. In February, partner Nauris Grigals joined Sorainen Latvia; and now, with Jorens Jaunozols becoming a partner, the total number in the Sorainen partnership has reached 44.