This year, we are the only law firm in Lithuania ranked in Tier 1 for both Dispute Resolution and Corporate/Commercial practice areas in Chambers and Partners Global Rankings.
This recognition is due to our regional connectedness as well as our in-depth knowledge of the local market. According to Chambers and Partners, our Corporate and M&A practice is known for being “a top-notch team advising on major pan-Baltic mandates as well as significant local transactions”, while our Dispute Resolution team is described as a “market-leading practice which is a popular choice for a broad range of civil and administrative cases and which boasts a growing focus on white-collar crime”.
Expanding list of recognised practitioners
The Dispute Resolution team in Lithuania has held the band 1 category for 15 years in a row. In the 2020 rankings, team leader Kęstutis Švirinas once again secured his position in Band 1 and partner Laurynas Lukošiūnas joined the notable practitioners list, which has included partner Žygimantas Pacevičius for several years.
Our Lithuanian Corporate and M&A Practice Group has been ranked in band 1 for 11 years in a row, with managing partner Laimonas Skibarka remaining a top-tier lawyer and partners Sergej Butov, Algirdas Pekšys and Mantas Petkevičius being listed again among the notable practitioners.
Chambers – among the most trusted legal directories worldwide
Since 1990, the international legal directory Chambers and Partners has objectively and independently researched the world’s leading law firms and lawyers. It covers practice areas across nearly 200 jurisdictions, assessing aspects such as technical legal ability, client service, commercial vision, business understanding and diligence.
Find out more about Chambers rankings here.
Recent landmark cases and projects advised by our Dispute Resolution and Corporate and M&A teams in Lithuania
- First individual claim in the history of the Lithuanian legal system submitted to the Lithuanian Constitutional Court
- Represented Lithuania at the European Commission in seeking to secure Lithuania’s position in terms of its public procurement laws
- Lietuvos Geležinkeliai signed an electrification purchase contract
- Inchcape International Holdings Limited entered into an agreement to acquire exclusive BMW distribution business in Lithuania
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise transfers business operations in Lithuania to Swiss-based ALSO Holding
- Volfas Engelman acquired Lamate and opened a Uniqa mineral water plant in Druskininkai