I am an associate in the Sorainen Latvian office Dispute Resolution and Risk Management practice group. My specialisations include various cross-border disputes, international and domestic arbitration and litigation, international investment disputes, recognition and enforcement of foreign court judgments and arbitral awards, and trade law matters.
Cross-border disputes. I specialise in commercial and investment dispute resolution in court, and domestic and international arbitration, as well as related private law matters. I help clients with risk assessment, structuring applicable laws and rules for transactions and arbitration agreements, arbitration-related litigation, and recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards.
Studying at the Pepperdine University Straus Institute in California, USA on a prestigious Fulbright Scholarship, I gained a thorough knowledge of international trade dispute resolution by focusing on international commercial arbitration, trade law, and international investment disputes.
Trade. The best way to avoid a dispute and the resulting need to resolve it is to prevent it. I provide support with various trade law-related matters: international and domestic sale of goods and services in different industries, and international and domestic shipping.
Academic involvement. Post-graduation, involvement in international moot court competitions and related events continues to bring me a lot of joy. As an arbitrator or coach, I actively participate in international moot courts in the fields of international commercial arbitration, trade law and investment law. Likewise, in Latvia, I organise and popularise moot court competitions between students in cooperation with other enthusiasts.
- Pepperdine University Caruso School of Law Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, California, USA (LLM)
- University of Latvia, Latvia (LLB, LLM)
I am a member of
- Pepperdine International Arbitration Society (PIAS) (Founder & Vice-President)
- International Chamber of Commerce Young Arbitrators’ Forum (ICC YAF)
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (Young ICSID)
- Latvian Moot Association (LMA)
Deals & Cases
Primekss sues construction companies for patent misuseDeals & Cases