Sorainen data protection law experts have developed a user-friendly tool to help our clients understand the essence of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and prevent potential violations. The Sorainen GDPR e-course is one of the first e-learning tools in the Baltic market suitable for users with no background in law in general and data protection rules in particular.
The GDPR will apply in all EU member states from 25 May 2018. It will affect any organization that handles the personal data of EU residents, regardless of where that data is processed. The GDPR includes new provisions with a significant impact on the personal data processing activities and procedures of companies.
Why is a thorough understanding of the GDPR vital for your business?
- It is the biggest shake-up of data protection rules in decades.
- The GDPR applies to virtually every company.
- The checklist of rules requires intense preparation.
- Employees at all levels must be aware of the new rules.
- Violations result in heavy fines: up to EUR 20 million or, in the case of an undertaking, up to 4% of the total worldwide annual turnover of the preceding financial year, whichever is greater.
- Violations can also result in a ban on processing personal data.
The Sorainen GDPR e-course includes guidelines, practical examples and a self-revision test which allows users to assess their actual level of understanding of the essential provisions of the GDPR. The course can be used as an introduction to the GDPR as well as a follow-up measure for those who already have some knowledge. The course is suitable for companies operating in any sector and for personnel at any level. Users can take the course individually at their own convenience – at any place and any time. In order to adapt the course to your individual needs, we offer users a chance to ask course facilitators follow-up questions and receive tailor-made answers.
- In Lithuania: Irma Kirklytë, Senior Associate
- In Estonia: Tea Kookmaa, Associate
- In Latvia: Ieva Andersone, Senior Associate
Preview the course:
Contact the course facilitator in your country to register or find out more about how the course could improve your team’s knowledge of the GDPR and hopefully prevent expensive mistakes.