In the recently released Chambers Global 2021 rankings, Sorainen has solidified its position as a top law firm in the Baltics and Belarus.
Heavyweight corporate practice
In the field of Corporate/Commercial practice area we received three out of four Tier 1 rankings in the region and thirteen of our lawyers are recommended as notable practitioners across the Baltics and Belarus:
- In Estonia: partners Aku Sorainen, Toomas Prangli, Paul Künnap and Piret Jesse
- In Latvia: partner Eva Berlaus and senior associate Jānis Bite
- In Lithuania: partners Laimonas Skibarka, Sergej Butov, Algirdas Pekšys and Mantas Petkevičius
- In Belarus: partners Kiryl Apanasevich, Alexey Anischenko and Maksim Salahub
Commenting on our Corporate and M&A team across four countries, the Chambers guide emphasises our capabilities in cross-border transactions and major projects across a wide range of business sectors: “Active in Baltic-wide deals as well as transactions involving the wider neighbouring region.”
Exceptionally strong Dispute Resolution team
Our Dispute Resolution & Risk Management team is ranked in Tier 1 in Estonia, Lithuania and Belarus. The guide describes our regional team as an “exceptionally strong practice acting on a broad range of civil and administrative cases” and a “highly reputed team known for its expertise in public procurement and white-collar crime disputes”.
Eight of our lawyers are listed as notable practitioners in the field of dispute resolution:
- In Estonia: partners Carri Ginter and Allar Jõks
- In Latvia: partner Andris Tauriņš, as well as counsels Viktorija Jarkina and Raivo Raudzeps
- In Lithuania: partners Kęstutis Švirinas and Laurynas Lukošiūnas
- In Belarus: partner Alexey Anischenko
About Chambers Global rankings
The Chambers Global Guide ranks the top lawyers and law firms in over 200 jurisdictions across the world. Rankings are based on in-depth research by a dedicated and experienced team of researchers.